At Aerosoles your privacy is a priority.At Aerosoles we seek to provide products, services, and offers of value to you and your family. We use information from our interactions with you and other customers, and from other parties, to help us achieve that goal.
The Information We CollectWhen you visit our website our web server automatically collects information, such as the domain name (IP address) of the web server that initiated your visit, the referring URL and information about your visit on our Site. We also collect and aggregate non-personally identifiable, statistical information, including the number of visitors to our Site, advertising results, survey results, Site performance, pages and products viewed, products purchased and how our Site was accessed or used.
Whenever you shop in our stores, through our catalogs, or at Aerosoles.com, you provide us with personal information that we need to complete your transaction or provide the services you request. We also collect information from you when you register or update your account, sign up to receive our emails, request a catalog, or participate in a contest, promotion or survey. “Personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual, device, or household.
• Identifiers, which may include name, address, online identifier or username, Internet Protocol address, or email address. These are sourced directly from you or indirectly from you (e.g., from observing your actions on the Site). They are used to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, to respond to an inquiry, for product and service improvement, to screen for potential risk or fraud, or to process an order. For example, when you create an account, you provide your first and last name, email address, and other identifying information. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
• Personal information categories contained in customer records, which may include name, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other payment and financial information. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, to respond to an inquiry, to screen for potential risk or fraud, or process an order. For example, we need your payment information when you purchase products from us. We disclose this information for business purposes to internet service providers, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
• Characteristics of protected classifications, such as age. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, marketing, or to provide relevant services. For example, we may use this information for targeted advertising. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
• Commercial information, which may include records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We source this information directly from you. We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to contact you in relation to our Site, to screen for potential risk or fraud, marketing, and to respond to an inquiry or process an order. For example, we keep track of your purchases to create a purchase history. We disclose this information for business purposes to administrative service providers and payment processors.
• Inferences drawn from other personal information, which may include a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, interests, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We source this information directly or indirectly from you, (e.g., from observing your actions on our Site). We use this information to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. We do not disclose this information to third parties.
We will retain personal information provided for as long as it is needed to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected.
Using the Information We CollectWe use the information we collect internally for various purposes, including: to complete your purchase transactions; to provide the services you request; to send you our catalogs and other offerings through the mail or via email; to contact you about the status of your order; to identify your product preferences so that you can be informed of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you; and to analyze and improve our merchandise selections, services, promotions, website content, customer service, and overall customer shopping experience.
Our Mailing ListIf you prefer not to receive our mailings, or if you decide that you would no longer like to receive the Aerosoles catalog, just contact us. Please note: we do NOT share email addresses, postal mailing addresses or telephone numbers for any third-party offers.
Email CommunicationsFrom time to time, we may notify you of Aerosoles promotions, announcements or events via email. However, we do NOT sell or rent your email address to others. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email you receive from us. You may also call, email or write us as detailed in the “Contact Us” section below.
California Privacy RightsAs of January 1, 2020, you may be entitled to the below rights:
• the right to know. You may request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties, and the categories of third parties with whom this information was shared. You may also request a copy of the personal information we have collected, and upon request, we will provide this information to you in electronic form;
• the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. To this, we note that we neither sell your personal information at this time, nor share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, nor sell the personal information of children under 16 years of age;
• the right to request deletion of your personal information, subject to certain legal exceptions; and
• the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights mentioned above.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out in the “Contact Us” section below. Whenever feasible for verification, we will match the identifying information provided by you to the personal information already maintained by us. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request additional information. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Such authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State and must have permission to submit requests on your behalf. We may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Safeguarding the Information We CollectWhen you complete a transaction at Aerosoles.com, we use Transfer Layer Security (TLS), which is authenticated by GeoTrust, an independent agency, to encrypt your credit card information, before it travels over the Internet to our secure servers. TLS technology is the industry standard for secure online transactions.
Certain browsers will not allow communication through secure servers. If this is the case, you won't be able to place an order online. If you have any problems placing an order online contact us as detailed above.
Within Aerosoles, we have appropriate security measures in place to protect against unauthorized disclosures of your personal information. We limit the information we provide to outside companies to only the information we believe is appropriate to enable them to carry out their responsibilities.
Please understand, however, that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Site or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. We may post a notice via our Site if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.